A Birthmother's Journey

This is the journey that begins when the author is a teenager and continues during the reunion with the son she gave up 32 years ago.

Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I am the natural mother of two sons one, age 32 and the other age 18 and stepmother of two sons.I had to start this after my oldest son found me in July of this year after 32 years. It is one heck of a rollercoaster ride but we plan on meeting face to face in November.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Continuing My Journey

I was a "wild child" as we were called back then-the type that, while most fifteen and sixteen year olds were listening to Bubble Gum Rock, I was making out to Black Sabbath's "Paranoid" and smoking Kool cigarettes. It wasn't unusual for me to lie about where I was spending the weekend and go over to a girlfriend's house to party. There were always plenty of guys there and I loved the attention. My friends Mary and Karen often let me crash at their house and had their parents take me home on Sunday.

I had broken up with a guy that I cared deeply about and got stoned one night. Duck's ex-boyfriend David was there so he and I got together. That was the night I concieved our son. I knew from the minute he said he didn't use anything that I was pregnant. Guess I could just sense it-feel the baby growing inside me from jumpstreet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home