A Birthmother's Journey

This is the journey that begins when the author is a teenager and continues during the reunion with the son she gave up 32 years ago.

Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I am the natural mother of two sons one, age 32 and the other age 18 and stepmother of two sons.I had to start this after my oldest son found me in July of this year after 32 years. It is one heck of a rollercoaster ride but we plan on meeting face to face in November.

Monday, August 28, 2006

The Foster Home

I was living in a foster home right about then with a single parent. The mother was a really sweet lady with three kids of her own. I was shocked that she would find it in her heart to take in a very troubled, very pregnant teenager. I had never really been loved by a family before, but I did find it in the home of a registered nurse. She talked to me and comforted me when I cried and really all I learned about being a young woman and a parent I learned from her.

I would sit up all night sometimes wondering what I would do about the condition I was in. I knew I had to be logical but nothing seemed logical. I couldn't pretend it never happened because I could feel it....even though I didn't look pregnant until I was about 8 months. Still I had a decision to make...my caseworker kept telling me that it would best for everybody if I signed my baby away, I would forget about it in time and have more kids, I was young and reasonably healthy. The caseworker even said I would regain my figure because I was so tiny any ways. My foster mother said she would stand by me no matter what choice I made. So I did it...I said I would give him up for adoption.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home