A Birthmother's Journey

This is the journey that begins when the author is a teenager and continues during the reunion with the son she gave up 32 years ago.

Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I am the natural mother of two sons one, age 32 and the other age 18 and stepmother of two sons.I had to start this after my oldest son found me in July of this year after 32 years. It is one heck of a rollercoaster ride but we plan on meeting face to face in November.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Labor and Delivery

I really don't remember too much about it all. I started out in a lot of pain and my water breaking. I thought I had wet my pants, but Mom said it was just the beginning of labor and not to worry, I would have plenty of time before the baby was born. But boy did it hurt after about two hours!

My foster mom had been teaching me deep breathing(back then they didn't call it Lamaze) in order to slow down the pain. And she timed my contractions. They were coming alot faster than she had thought, especially for it being a first pregnancy and me being so young.

She told her room mate Donna to keep an eye on the kids while she took me and David(he stayed with us the last couple months of my pregnancy) to the hospital. They wouldn't let anybody come in to the delivery room with me....it was just me in this white sterile room. The nurse came in with the doctor who was not my OB and checked me. I was crying alot because of the pain of the contractions, all the time doing the breathing that my foster mom had taught me.

They gave me a shot of something and then it was over. I was told I had a baby boy. But I wasn't allowed to see him. They wrapped my breasts in what seemed like ACE bandages and gave me a shot to dry up the milk and that was just as painful as the birth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home