A Birthmother's Journey

This is the journey that begins when the author is a teenager and continues during the reunion with the son she gave up 32 years ago.

Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I am the natural mother of two sons one, age 32 and the other age 18 and stepmother of two sons.I had to start this after my oldest son found me in July of this year after 32 years. It is one heck of a rollercoaster ride but we plan on meeting face to face in November.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

After the Birth-The most important 15 minutes of my teen life

I was laying in the hospital room crying, seemed like all I could do was cry then. I was so ashamed and angry and guilt-ridden. I had just given away a part of me....but I really didn't want to. I regretted it but it was all done. Then this young nurse came in and let me hold my little guy for all of 15 minutes. Then the head nurse of the floor came in and snatched him from me and told her that I was not supposed to see him, that I was one of "THOSE GIRLS". The young nurse looked at me and came back later to see how I was doing. My foster mom held me while I cried. David didn't want to see me. And that hurt too. The nurse who let me hold my son came back with flowers and a card and a big dish of mint chocolate chip ice cream trying to help me feel better.

My priest came in and said it was all for the best. That maybe now my soul would be saved after all....like I really needed to hear that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home