A Birthmother's Journey

This is the journey that begins when the author is a teenager and continues during the reunion with the son she gave up 32 years ago.

Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I am the natural mother of two sons one, age 32 and the other age 18 and stepmother of two sons.I had to start this after my oldest son found me in July of this year after 32 years. It is one heck of a rollercoaster ride but we plan on meeting face to face in November.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Epilepsy and me

A few days after I got out of the hospital, I was standing in back of the brownstone we lived in with David and my friend Regina who lived upstairs from us just smoking a cigarette and talking. It was really hot out. Next thing I know I was in the emergency room of a hospital with my foster mom. My chin was sore and bloody and I had no clue what happened. My foster mom told me I had had an epileptic seizure. It was a grand mal one - the type where ya flop around like a fish out of water. I had no clue what epilepsy was.

The doctors said it was due to heat exhaustion and the physical and emotion stress of giving birth and giving my baby away. For the rest of my life I would have to be on medication to control my seizures if I wanted to live a normal life, but I would have change my lifestyle too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home