A Birthmother's Journey

This is the journey that begins when the author is a teenager and continues during the reunion with the son she gave up 32 years ago.

Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I am the natural mother of two sons one, age 32 and the other age 18 and stepmother of two sons.I had to start this after my oldest son found me in July of this year after 32 years. It is one heck of a rollercoaster ride but we plan on meeting face to face in November.

Friday, September 29, 2006

The Phone Call

After I got the pictures of my son and grandson(yes I have a four year old grandson!)I knew he was my son. Duane is the image of one of my older brothers. In the first call, he asked me if his father had refused to sign the papers right away-that is when it hit me- this is my kid!

That night he called. He asked me all kinds of questions, but the first thing was why it took me so long to look for him. I explained it as best as I could. We both tried to keep cool but we were both in tears and talking at the same time. Duane had thought I was dead all these years and I-well-I didn't know if he was alive or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home