A Birthmother's Journey

This is the journey that begins when the author is a teenager and continues during the reunion with the son she gave up 32 years ago.

Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I am the natural mother of two sons one, age 32 and the other age 18 and stepmother of two sons.I had to start this after my oldest son found me in July of this year after 32 years. It is one heck of a rollercoaster ride but we plan on meeting face to face in November.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Reunion

In July of 2006, I recieved an e-mail. It read "Just wondering if you were still in search of your son!? And are you still residing in Portland, OR?"

I answered of course I was and yes I still lived in Portland OR. The next day I got a phone call. Our conversation went like this:
"Is this Inez?"
"Yes, it is."
"Did you have a son born on June 26 1974 at Chicago Lying In Hospital?"
"Yes I did."
"Well my name is Duane and I think I am that son"

I thought to myself"Is this some kind of cruel joke?????" Here I had been searching for 4 long years and all of a sudden I get this call from a stranger telling me he might be my son-what was this and was I dreaming or hallucinating???????

1 Comments:

Blogger petunia said...

please please continue - I am on pins and needles......

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home